Mini Morsels of Chocolate Cake with a Crunchy Peanut Butter Topping
Baked in 60 seconds
Gluten+Grain+Dairy+Sugar Free and Low Carb
A simplified version of my Nutty Choc-Chip Cappucciono Cup Cake. This is more kiddie friendly as I have omitted the coffee, and my Six loves anything with peanut butter - this one’s dedicated to her this time (the last one was just for Mommy) - and also because I've baked them in these mini tea-cup-cake holders, they are just too cute and perfect for picnic tea parties in the garden.
It's all store cupboard ingredients (plus an egg), and I now make them so often I can whip a batch of these bad boys up after dinner, and pop one in her lunch box… and the other two in my mouth!
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Coconut Oil
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Nut Butter of yr choice (I use No Sugar Added Peanut Butter CRUNCHY)
- ¼ Cup of Almond Meal (you could do half almond and half flax meal but Six doesn’t seem to love Flax too much so I only replace about 1 Tbsp of the nut meal with the flax. Optional)
- 1 tsp heaped, good
- 1 - 2 Tbsp sugar replacement (I use Xylitol) to taste
- 1 tsp Baking Powder (make your own Aluminium-Free baking powder HERE)
- 1 Tbsp Nut Butter of your choice (I used No Sugar Added Peanut Butter CHUNKY)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar Free Chocolate Buttons for melting
- 1 tsp Butter or Coconut Oil
Melt your Butter or Coconut Oil in a small bowl.
Add all the wet ingredients and mix well with a fork.
Add all the dry ingredients and mix well (make sure your baking powder is clump free and evenly distributed)
Decant into three silicone mini muffin cups and microwave altogether on full power for one minute. Do not over cook. [If you don’t have a microwave, scoop into ramekins and bake at 180 degrees C for about 15 - 20 minutes]
Allow to cool.
Meanwhile, melt topping ingredients together in microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted and molten. Spoon topping onto cooled muffins, top with a raspberry and allow chocolate to set to form a crunchy topping, or eat straightaway whilst still gooey.
Much love and gratitude, and happy nibbling