Skip to main content

MINI CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CRUNCH CAKES


 Mini Morsels of Chocolate Cake with a Crunchy Peanut Butter Topping
Baked in 60 seconds


Gluten+Grain+Dairy+Sugar Free and Low Carb

A simplified version of my Nutty Choc-Chip Cappucciono Cup Cake. This is more kiddie friendly as I have omitted the coffee, and my Six loves anything with peanut butter - this one’s dedicated to her this time (the last one was just for Mommy) - and also because I've baked them in these mini tea-cup-cake holders, they are just too cute and perfect for picnic tea parties in the garden.



It's all store cupboard ingredients (plus an egg), and I now make them so often I can whip a batch of these bad boys up after dinner, and pop one in her lunch box… and the other two in my mouth! 


INGREDIENTS

WET INGREDIENTS

  • 2 Tbsp Butter or Coconut Oil
  • 1 large Egg
  • 1 Tbsp Nut Butter of yr choice (I use No Sugar Added Peanut Butter CRUNCHY)


DRY INGREDIENTS

  • ¼ Cup of Almond Meal (you could do half almond and half flax meal but Six doesn’t seem to love Flax too much so I only replace about 1 Tbsp of the nut meal with the flax. Optional)
  • 1 tsp heaped, good Cocoa powder, unsweetened
  • 1 - 2 Tbsp sugar replacement (I use Xylitol) to taste
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder (make your own Aluminium-Free baking powder HERE)

TOPPING


  • 1 Tbsp Nut Butter of your choice (I used No Sugar Added Peanut Butter CHUNKY)
  • 2 Tbsp Sugar Free Chocolate Buttons for melting
  • 1 tsp Butter or Coconut Oil




METHOD

Melt your Butter or Coconut Oil in a small bowl.

Add all the wet ingredients and mix well with a fork.

Add all the dry ingredients and mix well (make sure your baking powder is clump free and evenly distributed)

Decant into three silicone mini muffin cups and microwave altogether on full power for one minute. Do not over cook. [If you don’t have a microwave, scoop into ramekins and bake at 180 degrees C for about 15 - 20 minutes]

Allow to cool.

Meanwhile, melt topping ingredients together in microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted and molten. Spoon topping onto cooled muffins, top with a raspberry and allow chocolate to set to form a crunchy topping, or eat straightaway whilst still gooey.



Much love and gratitude, and happy nibbling

xox




Comments

Unknown said…
Those look so cute and tasty!!! I Pinned this to my snacks pin board to try this week. It may be a good idea to add a Pinterest hover button so that when people hover over your photos they can pin them :)

Popular posts from this blog

Yes, I put butter (and EGG) in my coffee... Milk is SO last season!

  Hot Buttery Egg Coffee Gasp! Horror! Now just let it sink in…and stop pulling that face…I know it sounds weird and even ‘eeeuuww’ but trust me, if you like custard, ice-cream, eggnog etc then you can like my Hot Buttery Egg Coffee - it’s the same principal. The egg is 'cooked' in the boiling water. And the fat from the egg and butter (you could add coconut oil as well, or instead of) satiates you for hours. I’ve even gone as far as putting in two eggs when I know I’m only getting to eat again by late afternoon. You can also add cream or milk if you can tolerate it but, really, it doesn’t need it. The egg and butter emulsify so beautifully you have a creamy latte in a matter of seconds. In fact, I wont drink coffee now any other way! It first caught my eye on this super blog here  and then I really sat up and took notice after reading about it here  aswell. It’s actually not that unheard of in the sugar free world (also known as Low Carb) that I'...

Rendered Beef Tallow. Oh dear, Im turning into Martha Stewart!

I've just rendered my very own, highest grade, beef tallow...  and made my Victorian G reat Grandmother, Grace, very proud. In case you didn’t know, Tallow is beef FAT, in the same way that Lard is pig fat and Duck Fat is, well um... duck fat. I’m lucky enough to be friends with an awesome woman who just happens to supply local Cape Town restaurants with the most amazing Wagyu beef (gold mine as friends go, right?)   For those of you who are not yet familiar with this wonder-of- nature,   it is a breed of cattle that originates in Japan where it is   known as ‘Kobe beef’. Kobe Beef is Wagyu [pronounced ‘wag-you’] that comes from the Kobe region in Japan. Here they are regarded as a national treasure (it’s that good) and for many years only the Emporor, his family and his Samurai could eat Wagyu beef. It is rumoured that they fed these treasured beasts a strict diet, including beer, and washed them with the Japanese rice win...

A Little Celebration for a Very Big Boy (and the food we ate)

  A Little Celebration for a Very Big Boy My little boy has just turned one years old (gasp! It still feels like yesterday when I brought him home all pink and chubby from the hospital, only two days old). And, being my second child, with time at a minimum, I organized a very small celebration for my favourite moms-in-crime and their four little ones to come and play (or in Junior’s case, four little rivals to smack and try bite if they touched his favourite toy car). The party, in the middle of a   Cape   winter downpour, was relaxed and chilled with lots of nibbling and giggling - a totally stress-free party. Stress-free because I knew I had chosen really easy, throw-together food… that was also allergy friendly. (I now stand up and declare…“Hi, my name is Caghrey, and I’m Wheat and Dairy Intolerant!” There, I said it, feeling good about it for a change, and rather chuffed for standing up and ‘owning it’. No more whining about what I   can’t   ...