Skip to main content

MINI CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CRUNCH CAKES


 Mini Morsels of Chocolate Cake with a Crunchy Peanut Butter Topping
Baked in 60 seconds


Gluten+Grain+Dairy+Sugar Free and Low Carb

A simplified version of my Nutty Choc-Chip Cappucciono Cup Cake. This is more kiddie friendly as I have omitted the coffee, and my Six loves anything with peanut butter - this one’s dedicated to her this time (the last one was just for Mommy) - and also because I've baked them in these mini tea-cup-cake holders, they are just too cute and perfect for picnic tea parties in the garden.



It's all store cupboard ingredients (plus an egg), and I now make them so often I can whip a batch of these bad boys up after dinner, and pop one in her lunch box… and the other two in my mouth! 


INGREDIENTS

WET INGREDIENTS

  • 2 Tbsp Butter or Coconut Oil
  • 1 large Egg
  • 1 Tbsp Nut Butter of yr choice (I use No Sugar Added Peanut Butter CRUNCHY)


DRY INGREDIENTS

  • ¼ Cup of Almond Meal (you could do half almond and half flax meal but Six doesn’t seem to love Flax too much so I only replace about 1 Tbsp of the nut meal with the flax. Optional)
  • 1 tsp heaped, good Cocoa powder, unsweetened
  • 1 - 2 Tbsp sugar replacement (I use Xylitol) to taste
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder (make your own Aluminium-Free baking powder HERE)

TOPPING


  • 1 Tbsp Nut Butter of your choice (I used No Sugar Added Peanut Butter CHUNKY)
  • 2 Tbsp Sugar Free Chocolate Buttons for melting
  • 1 tsp Butter or Coconut Oil




METHOD

Melt your Butter or Coconut Oil in a small bowl.

Add all the wet ingredients and mix well with a fork.

Add all the dry ingredients and mix well (make sure your baking powder is clump free and evenly distributed)

Decant into three silicone mini muffin cups and microwave altogether on full power for one minute. Do not over cook. [If you don’t have a microwave, scoop into ramekins and bake at 180 degrees C for about 15 - 20 minutes]

Allow to cool.

Meanwhile, melt topping ingredients together in microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted and molten. Spoon topping onto cooled muffins, top with a raspberry and allow chocolate to set to form a crunchy topping, or eat straightaway whilst still gooey.



Much love and gratitude, and happy nibbling

xox




Comments

Liz Solomon said…
Those look so cute and tasty!!! I Pinned this to my snacks pin board to try this week. It may be a good idea to add a Pinterest hover button so that when people hover over your photos they can pin them :)

Popular posts from this blog

Itty Bitty Chocolate Mini Cakes - in a cup - in 60 seconds!

Here's my little itty-bitty chocolate cake, baked in a cup, and in 60 seconds!



Nut-free. Gluten-free. Grain-free. Sugar-free. Low-carb. Dairy free options.
Afternoon tea-and-cake just got REAL, people. Real quick. Real easy. And Real healthy too. You cant even call this a cheat meal (although it tastes like a sneaky, naughty cheat) because it’s all within the rules of eating low carb, gluten free, sugar free and therefore healthy, right?)

This makes four ½ cup ramekins. It’s coconut flour based (although not 'coconutty' in flavour at all) and quite filling. I’ve been known to make a bigger one for me (all in the name of science, of course) and, well, let’s just say my eyes were bigger than my tummy. For an afternoon snack, with an espresso or cup of tea, a small ramekin is perfect (and then you have one left for tomorrow, and the next day too).
Now, because I made these on a random Monday afternoon after picking up my brood from gymnastics, I didn’t have the time, nor inclinat…

Best Pouring Custard... like, ever! (Sugar free, Dairy free)

If you are like me, and your gut gets into a knot at the very site of cream or too much milk, then this recipe is for you, baby!

Or, if you can handle dairy (which is annoying), but you have a cold or a chesty cough and you don't want to exacerbate your symptoms, then this warm, soft and velvety custard is just the thing to make you feel so much better. 

When warm, it is the consistency of pouring cream, perfect for drizzling over Christmas pudding or over my low carb and nut free Quickest Chocolate Mini Cakes.

Here you can see it thickened beautifully in the fridge by the next day.
If you can tolerate butter, I have added it in at the end, but this is not necessary. It does, I find, help to mellow out the coconut cream. Now I actually lurve all things coconut, in all its beautiful variations, but in custard I'm looking for a softer, more VANILLA flavour... and, by Jove, I think I've done it!
This will now be my go-to recipe for all things custard related, and can be pimped and…

Rendered Beef Tallow. Oh dear, Im turning into Martha Stewart!

I've just rendered my very own, highest grade, beef tallow...  and made my Victorian Great Grandmother, Grace, very proud. In case you didn’t know, Tallow is beef FAT, in the same way that Lard is pig fat and Duck Fat is, well um... duck fat. I’m lucky enough to be friends with an awesome woman who just happens to supply local Cape Town restaurants with the most amazing Wagyu beef (gold mine as friends go, right?) For those of you who are not yet familiar with this wonder-of- nature, it is a breed of cattle that originates in Japan where it is known as ‘Kobe beef’. Kobe Beef is Wagyu [pronounced ‘wag-you’] that comes from the Kobe region in Japan. Here they are regarded as a national treasure (it’s that good) and for many years only the Emporor, his family and his Samurai could eat Wagyu beef. It is rumoured that they fed these treasured beasts a strict diet, including beer, and washed them with the Japanese rice wine, Sake, spat by monks (yes, spat on, with sake, by monks – how del…