Skip to main content

Banana Cinnamon Muffin for Little Ones - In a Cup and in 60 seconds!


Banana Cinnamon Muffin



Gluten+Grain+Dairy+Sugar Free


Yet another adaptation of the 60 second muffin - in a cup. I’m going to work as many variations of this little beauty as I possible can! Click here for the decadent Nutty Choc-chip Cappuccino Cup Cake variation, and here if you want a Blueberry Bombe 60 second muffin for breakfast. 

Today’s version is a banana one, with nuts and scented beautifully with cinnamon - especially for my little ones. Although I choose to not eat (hardly ever) bananas anymore, my Six and Two-Year-Old (now referred to as ‘Six’ and ‘Two’) can tolerate slightly more carbohydrates in their diet. And because bananas are loaded with potassium and are so versatile with kids, they have become a staple in my kitchen. Check out another amazing banana recipe Ive shared: My Little Pillow Puff Pickelets (only two ingredients) made with just one egg and one banana - sheer genius!

The banana in here also keeps everything beautifully moist, and requires no additional toppings other than a little sprinkle of cinnamon and Xylitol sugar, and you’re good to go.



This recipe makes two quite large muffins, or a giant one in a mug, but if you have a Wee Little Munchkin at home you could portion them out into three or even four smaller ramekins - remember they are nutrient dense and will go a long way to keep their tummy’s full and their insulin levels down.

For Six’s *Yumbox I cut hers open and slathered with butter, and for Two’s afternoon snack I simply re-heated gently and let him shovel it in his mouth as is.
*Yummy Lunch Box

If you are inclined to make more and freeze, then by all means double the recipe. I would however rather scoop into a muffin tray and allow for a more even bake in the oven. I have not tested these with more than double the mixture, you might need to tweak it a bit, for some reason, I have no idea why, you cannot just multiply everything by twelve. So start small and see how it goes, and please, let me know if you have success with bigger amounts, I do love hearing from you.

Right, now let’s get cracking, we’ve got homework still to do!


 

INGREDIENTS
 WET INGREDIENTS
  • 2 Tbsp Butter or Coconut Oil
  • ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract (use the good stuff, or leave it out)
  • 1 large Egg
DRY INGREDIENTS
  • 2 Tbsp of Almond Meal
  • 1 Tbsp of Flax Meal (flax seeds ground in coffee grinder)
  • 1 tsp Coconut Flour
  • Scant pinch of Salt (I use ground Himalayan)
  • 1 - 2 Tbsp sugar replacement (I use Xylitol) to taste
  • ·½ tsp Baking Powder (make your own Aluminium-Free baking powder HERE) 
FLAVOURINGS
  • 1 small ripe Banana
  • ¼ cup Nuts of your choice, roughly chopped (I used salted Macadamia today)
  • 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
  • 1 square of 70% Lindt chocolate chopped into itty-bits, or choc-chips, ONLY if you want to be very decadent (optional)
  • Cinnamon Sugar Sprinkle (1 tsp ground Cinnamon mixed in little bowl with 1 tsp granulated Xylitol)

 EQUIPMENT

  • 2 Small mixing bowls
  • 1 Large mug, or 2 Ramekins, or Muffin Tray



METHOD

Get all your ingredients ready.

Melt your Butter or Coconut Oil in your mug (or ramekins or medium ceramic bowl) in the microwave for 20 or so seconds. Swirl it around the cup to help prevent sticking.

Meanwhile, cut a few thin slices of banana for décor and mash the rest with a fork.

Add all the wet ingredients to your buttered mug (or ramekins or bowl) and mix well with a fork.


Add all the dry ingredients and mix well (make sure the baking powder is evenly sprinkled and distributed).

Lastly gently stir in the mashed banana and nuts.


Place sliced banana pieces on top for decoration and sprinkle Cinnamon Sugar on top.


MUG: Microwave on full power for one minute. Check if cooked. Continue to cook in 10 second increments, if necessary. Do not over cook, as it will continue to cook/set when resting. 

RAMEKINS 2 or more: The more containers you place in the microwave, the longer it takes to cook (even though it is the same volume of ingredients).
Microwave on full power for one minute 30 seconds. Continue to cook in 10 second increments, if necessary. Do not over cook, as it will continue to cook/set when resting.


MUFFIN TRAY: Scoop batter evenly into greased/papered muffin tins and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C for about 18 - 22 minutes.

Run a knife gently around the muffin and invert onto a cooling rack.

When cooled you could sprinkle just another tad bit of Xylitol for some sparkle

There you have it! Serve warm with or without butter (I always go with the latter ;o)

Now go! Eat!

Much love, gratitude and happy nibbling

xox


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes, I put butter (and EGG) in my coffee... Milk is SO last season!

  Hot Buttery Egg Coffee Gasp! Horror! Now just let it sink in…and stop pulling that face…I know it sounds weird and even ‘eeeuuww’ but trust me, if you like custard, ice-cream, eggnog etc then you can like my Hot Buttery Egg Coffee - it’s the same principal. The egg is 'cooked' in the boiling water. And the fat from the egg and butter (you could add coconut oil as well, or instead of) satiates you for hours. I’ve even gone as far as putting in two eggs when I know I’m only getting to eat again by late afternoon. You can also add cream or milk if you can tolerate it but, really, it doesn’t need it. The egg and butter emulsify so beautifully you have a creamy latte in a matter of seconds. In fact, I wont drink coffee now any other way! It first caught my eye on this super blog here  and then I really sat up and took notice after reading about it here  aswell. It’s actually not that unheard of in the sugar free world (also known as Low Carb) that I've

The Portable Frittata!

It’s like an omlette… It’s like a quiche… It looks like a muffin…but it’s a frittata?   Gluten+Grain+Sugar Free + Low Carb.    I keep getting asked about sugar-free breakfasts for those who work at an office, or who don’t have the time to prepare and eat a cooked breakfast, before rushing to sit in traffic (crazy humans we are?).  So here I am, giving you options (don’t say I don’t do things for you)... you can pimp your morning cuppa java into a HOT BUTTERY EGG COFFEE , or you could whip up a batch of BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST BOMBES ...  and now I bring you the Portable Frittata !  Sounds interesting, doesn’t it? This is not really an original recipe, more of a redo, taking yesterday's most delicious  CARAMELISED OMLETTE and making it lunchbox (and kiddie) friendly.  I urge you to feel free and experiment with ingredients and ratios. This is not baking, this is more like throwing caution (and ingredients) to the wind and letting your inner goddess/rebel

Blueberry Bombe for Breakfast - cooked in a Cup - in 60 seconds!

It’s a Muffin - in a Cup - in 60 seconds!   Gluten+Grain+Dairy+Sugar Free and Low Carb, of course! You gotta make this…it’s a   no-grainer ! Here is another itty bitty cake made for two, in the microwave, in just 60 seconds. I did not cut this one in half and share it, but if I were making this for a tea time snack, I might have shown more restraint and portioned it in two. This recipe is an easy adaptation of my NUTTY CHOC-CHIP CAPPUCINO MUFFIN  except this time I wanted to use up some left over blueberries. So I kept the nuts and added the blueberries and some lemon zest. So refreshing and very moist - just what a girl needs with her morning tea. I mean, how awesome that I get to have cake for breakfast, and call it healthy? [Blueberries make it healthy, don’t they? And almonds? Of course!] Best of all its super filling, and without the sugar rush-crash-craziness. You can choose your own nut combination, I love nuts so I add a lot, mixe