Skip to main content

My Little Pillow Puff Pickelets - Wheat/Gluten/Dairy/Grain Free



I've found the MOST amazing recipe, like ever!

It's amazing for a few reasons - not limited to its deliciousness taste, the fact that there is no added sugar, its soft pillowy cloud-like texture, gluten free, dairy free, grain free (just about everything free) to name a few exceptional reasons, but mostly because... [pause here for emphasis]... it has only two ingredients. You heard me, Sunshine... Only. Two. Ingredients. (Gasp?!)

I'll give you a moment to compose yourself while you let that little sentence sink in!

I know, I couldn't believe it either. My super pal, Claire, sent it to a bunch of us to try it because she knows how hungry we all are, all the time. So I tried it out, skeptically I might add, and did it blow my socks off? Yessiree!

Sadly, she couldn't remember where she found the recipe. I wanted to sing praise and thank that clever soul for creating such a simple and heavenly recipe for us, and then sharing it, too. (If that clever soul happens to come across my Now-World-Famous-Blog *chuckle, chuckle, snort snort*, I give you full creds and big-ups for this, my friend. I take none of the credit. I only feel it is my duty to also pay it forward and spread the love).

So, for you, Leigh with your love of all things sweet and little, and Nicole because you have absolutely no time/patience for measuring cups or folding egg whites with three children. And for Sarah and Claire who are the purists that only feed their Buttercup-Little-Ones the simplest of wholefoods... and for Mumsy who, at the moment, cant swing a cat in her tiny kitchen... and, of course, all my other Lovelies out there who have allergies, or don't have time, or even ingredients for that matter... with love, from me to you. 

No more dilly-dallying about or keeping you in suspense, here it is... 

My Two Ingredient Pillow Puff Pickelets 
(Thank you, again, Claire)
  • 2  Bananas, medium size
  • 3  Eggs
  • 2  shakes of Ground Cinnamon - optional (yes this is technically a third ingredient, but I sneaked it in anyway... Or you could add a teaspoon of vanilla extract, if you were feeling a little rebellious)

Method
  • Put it all in a bowl and mix (I use my stick/immersion blender, it blitzes it into a velvety smooth batter in three seconds)
  • As with normal crumpets, pour four tablespoons of batter into a very well greased and heated pan. 
  • Cook on medium heat until bubbles form and flip to cook the other side.
  • Transfer to a warm plate and repeat until batter is finished. (I used a non-stick spray after each batch)
  • Devour - makes about 20.
I served it for breakfast with sliced pear (I poached my woody and tart pear in a little sugar water to soften) and some lactose free yoghurt, and a drizzle of honey... 

I'm embarrassed to say that we ate them all before taking any more pictures... So sorry, it was such a quick recipe (to make and eat) that I only have one picture...


Much love, and happy nibbling
xxx
   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes, I put butter (and EGG) in my coffee... Milk is SO last season!

  Hot Buttery Egg Coffee Gasp! Horror! Now just let it sink in…and stop pulling that face…I know it sounds weird and even ‘eeeuuww’ but trust me, if you like custard, ice-cream, eggnog etc then you can like my Hot Buttery Egg Coffee - it’s the same principal. The egg is 'cooked' in the boiling water. And the fat from the egg and butter (you could add coconut oil as well, or instead of) satiates you for hours. I’ve even gone as far as putting in two eggs when I know I’m only getting to eat again by late afternoon. You can also add cream or milk if you can tolerate it but, really, it doesn’t need it. The egg and butter emulsify so beautifully you have a creamy latte in a matter of seconds. In fact, I wont drink coffee now any other way! It first caught my eye on this super blog here  and then I really sat up and took notice after reading about it here  aswell. It’s actually not that unheard of in the sugar free world (also known as Low Carb) that I'...

A Little Celebration for a Very Big Boy (and the food we ate)

  A Little Celebration for a Very Big Boy My little boy has just turned one years old (gasp! It still feels like yesterday when I brought him home all pink and chubby from the hospital, only two days old). And, being my second child, with time at a minimum, I organized a very small celebration for my favourite moms-in-crime and their four little ones to come and play (or in Junior’s case, four little rivals to smack and try bite if they touched his favourite toy car). The party, in the middle of a   Cape   winter downpour, was relaxed and chilled with lots of nibbling and giggling - a totally stress-free party. Stress-free because I knew I had chosen really easy, throw-together food… that was also allergy friendly. (I now stand up and declare…“Hi, my name is Caghrey, and I’m Wheat and Dairy Intolerant!” There, I said it, feeling good about it for a change, and rather chuffed for standing up and ‘owning it’. No more whining about what I   can’t   ...

Rendered Beef Tallow. Oh dear, Im turning into Martha Stewart!

I've just rendered my very own, highest grade, beef tallow...  and made my Victorian G reat Grandmother, Grace, very proud. In case you didn’t know, Tallow is beef FAT, in the same way that Lard is pig fat and Duck Fat is, well um... duck fat. I’m lucky enough to be friends with an awesome woman who just happens to supply local Cape Town restaurants with the most amazing Wagyu beef (gold mine as friends go, right?)   For those of you who are not yet familiar with this wonder-of- nature,   it is a breed of cattle that originates in Japan where it is   known as ‘Kobe beef’. Kobe Beef is Wagyu [pronounced ‘wag-you’] that comes from the Kobe region in Japan. Here they are regarded as a national treasure (it’s that good) and for many years only the Emporor, his family and his Samurai could eat Wagyu beef. It is rumoured that they fed these treasured beasts a strict diet, including beer, and washed them with the Japanese rice win...